Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Today was a pretty standard day and I'll make this short because I have a meeting with my advisor early tomorrow morning and it's already past 2am.  I managed to get into work at a reasonable hour to get some experiments running for a class project that I'm working on (trying to get our programming system to run in the cloud). I then messed around with numerical methods for a while.  Gave a brief presentation with in class about the status of our project.  Ended up having dinner with my friend Eric where we had a good conversation about what we want to do with our futures (we both started our PhDs at the same time and now work with the same advisor).  Even after talking to him, things still seem very fuzzy to me.  I spent the rest of the night working on numerics and finished the day implementing an iterative Jacobi solver while watching the movie Finding Neverland (a movie that happened across my mind after coming across something about the movie Hook last week that reminded me of something from my past that I don't want to get into here).  The movie was as good as I remembered, and even better my solver worked by the end.  I biked home in the dark and dropped the DVD for the movie in the mail, so Netflix can send me my next disk by Friday.  Got home at 2am and here I am.  Time to go to sleep again (I hope)...

No comments: